Dr. Rani Mallick
Rani Mallick focuses on trademark and unfair competition law as well as on design and copyright law. She represents and advises clients of different industries in the international fight against parallel imports, imitations and counterfeits.
Rani studied law at the Universities of Hamburg, Strasbourg and Potsdam. She was a scholar of the Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes (German Academic Scholarship Foundation). She began her career with the firm Hogan Hartson Raue (later Hogan Lovells), before she joined Lubberger Lehment in 2010. In 2018, she was appointed Associated Partner of the firm and became an equity partner in 2019.
- Lecturer in Trademark Law & Copyright at the International School of Management (ISM)
- The economic value of designs, World Trademark Review Yearbook: A global guide for practitioners 2021/2022 (together with Eva Maierski)
- Authentisch, glaubwürdig, aber nicht privat – Ein Blick auf die aktuellen Entwicklungen im Influencer Marketing, WRP 2018 Heft 11, 1289 – 1294 (together with Dr. David Weller)
- Aktuelle Entwicklungen im Influencer Marketing – Ein Blick aus der Praxis, WRP 2018 Heft 2, 155 – 161 (together with Dr. David Weller)
- Product-Placement in den Massenmedien, 2009 (Diss.)
»Also strong in the anti-counterfeiting space is WTR 1000 newcomer Rani Mallick, who brings in-depth knowledge of both trademarks and designs to the mix; L’Oréal has recently benefited from her support with customs seizures.«World Trademark Review
»Next Generation Partner in Trademarks.«Legal 500
District Court of Düsseldorf: Sale on the discounter platform real.de impairs the prestige image of the SHISEIDO and ISSEY MIYAKE perfume and cosmetic brands
Our colleagues Dr. Rani Mallick and Eva Maierski achieved a great success ...Read Article
Lubberger Lehment achieves victory for Coty over Aldi Süd
The Regional Court in Stuttgart held that the sale of "Joop" and ...Read Article
WTR Yearbook – Practitioners’ Guide: The Economic Value of Designs
Our colleagues Dr. Rani Mallick and Eva Maierski have published an article in the “World Trademark Review Yearbook: A global guide for practitioners 2021/2022” in ...Read article